Hairstyles of the Queer and Female: The "I'm Growing Out My Shaved Head"


Sunday, November 22, 2009 |


One of the most traditional lesbian rites of passage is shaving one's head. The second most traditional rite of passage is growing out one's shaved head. This usually happens after the once enthusiastic lesbian realizes that a) her head is shaped like a gourd...a dented gourd with curves in all the wrong places b) she does not in fact, look like a young, "Out of Range" era Ani DiFranco and c) it's chilly without any hair.

1 comments:

disasters.bitch said...

*shudders* I have absolutely no desire to ever, ever, ever shave my head. Thanks to an unfortunate chin length bob in fourth grade, I've realized that my face simply cannot support anything shorter than my shoulders without looking like a demented Pilsbury Dough Woman.